Welcome to StreamWatch
The streams and rivers of the Rivanna River basin provide the City of Charlottesville and Albemarle, Fluvanna, and Greene Counties with a wealth of resources and services, including drinking water, recreation, waste treatment, wildlife, and scenic beauty.
However, the Rivanna system is impacted by human activities, and a majority of StreamWatch’s representative monitoring sites do not meet the Virginia aquatic life water quality standard. Foremost stressors include sediment pollution and alteration of flow due to impervious land cover, dams, and withdrawals.
With the help of dedicated volunteers, StreamWatch supplies data to the community to help facilitate wise management of this invaluable ecosystem.
- Check the health of streams in the Rivanna watershed
- Read our reports and assessments
- Watch this video about StreamWatch
- Read our Newsletter
- Receive announcements about reports and events
- Become a Volunteer
- Read our Spring Funding Appeal and Make a Donation
- Download our brochure
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter